Student E-Book 2020 - 2021
Mobile Phone and Device Policy
Amery Hill School acknowledges that mobile phones are required for
communication. Mobile phones are permitted in school subject to the following
- At all times the student is responsible for the safe keeping of his or
her mobile phone or device not the school.
- Mobile phones must be switched off between 8.45am – 3pm (this includes
breaks and lunchtimes) unless a student has the direct permission of a member
- Students should keep their phones/devices out of sight and in a secure
place, especially during PE lessons. Lockers are provided in PE.
- School will not take responsibility for loss or damage to mobile
phones/devices. (Parents need to be aware that insurance companies may not
cover loss or damage to mobile phones in schools).
- Mobile phones or any device with the ability to access the internet are
not allowed in examination rooms. Any student found in possession of such a
device in an examination room will be disqualified from that and any future
exams in that round.
- If a mobile phone/device is seen by a member of staff,
between 8.45am - 3pm the device will be confiscated. A student may collect
their phone or device from the school office when school finishes.
- If a phone/device is confiscated for a second time the parent will have
to collect it from the main office.
- If a student continues to contravene the school’s mobile phone policy
then they will be required to hand in their device on a daily basis for safe
- Students must not under any circumstances, film other students or
- Students found abusing the use of the phone e.g. making threatening
calls, etc. may be reported to the police.
- Students must not contact parents via phones between 8.45am and 3pm. Please
go to the front office if you need to make contact.
- Parents are advised not to contact their child via the mobile phone
during the school day, but to use the service available through the reception